Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resident Evil 5 (PS3)

Oh Capcom, how far you have fallen?  I started the series with RE4 and loved it.  I even went back and played the original game and enjoyed that as well.  Sure both RE and RE4 are completely different in terms of what they are, but then this game happened.

At no point in this game was I afraid.  In fact, you can see most of what is supposed to be scary early due to Sheva being immensely overpowered.  For a while, I gave her the stunrod and nothing else.  I had so much ammo, I didn't know what to do.

Now, the series has lost the survival horror aspect from the first game, but how does this stack against RE4 in terms of being a 3rd-person action/shooter.  It's almost on par but lacks in the uninspired and often frustrating boss fights.  It just kind of falls flat on the radar compared to the spike that was RE4.

Sure, there is fun to be had in this game.  It sets up a nice story about what happened after Umbrella's demise but parts of it were just clunky and the whole last section was a complete letdown.  I won't let this experience sour my future with the series but honestly, I probably won't touch this game again.

No comments:

Post a Comment