Monday, January 7, 2013

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)

You know, this was an interesting concept.  You play as a character from a good RPG, that is optional to the point that you can completely miss him and actually miss all references to him.  You play as Vincent Valentine, a gun-toting and awesomely designed character that is intense and awesome.

What really drags this game down is the camera and controls.  It's a decently solid title with some interesting moments and some great fun but it fails in some basic places.  The number one thing I can remember is the camera.  It was not responsive.  The only other thing I can remember is the difficulty, it is sometimes easy as pie but the next level could be intense and frustrating.

For a game like this, it is hard to say I love it.  I mean I stopped playing this game for about 3 years before coming back and beating it.  The gun customization system was a pretty cool concept and definitely I would like to see more of it.  This was not a bad game and I wish Square Enix had used the engine again (with some tweaks) because it was fun to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment