Monday, January 14, 2013

Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)

The game that started it all for me.  This was the first game that I received with my PS2.  Before then I was still playing my N64 or Gamecube and had never seen a game like this before.  I was stunned.  It was so open and free.  I could do whatever I wanted and it was just awesome.

Sure this game has some really buggy faults, namely just popping in and out of areas and things.  You couldn't drive very fast without killing a few people, but that was the fun.  This was all knew to people and it was just a trailblazing experience.

What really killed my fun was the actual story missions.  Though they were varied, some of them felt very unfair.  When you are at such a disadvantage, such as facing invincible cars for opponents, it's not really fair. The shooting mechanics were clunky but still fun.  This was a good game and I'm glad they built off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment