Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Endless Frontier (DS)

Wall of boobs.  This is a game that is really stuck in my heart.  I didn't quite enjoy the battle system because it is very strict and unforgiving.  If you don't get extremely good at juggling your opponents, they will guard you.  Not only that but they can drop all of your next attacks as well.  Sure this is only the later enemies and by then you should know what to do.  But there is a point where it is very frustrating.

The story is what I enjoyed the most.  It combines some good characters and some great story arcs.  There is always something new and everything comes together.  The conversations between the party members are often funny but it gets the job done.

As an RPG, the battle system is unique and I loved it.  Yes I mentioned the unforgiving nature and the fact that you have to be near perfect to win some fights.  I still loved it despite this.  The attacks all have their uses and there is a lot of strategy in this.  When to use skills, when to use items, etc.  A bad choice could easily spell death.

The great thing about this game is that there is a lot of variety and a lot of fun stuff to it.  I wish we had gotten the sequel.  It still stands as one of my favorite games on the DS.

No comments:

Post a Comment