Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Half-Minute Hero (PSP)

To make a long story short, this game is awesome.  Immensely awesome.  Let me get this out of the way early though, the main game type (hero mode) is the best one.  I mean sure some of the other ones are alright but they are not very much fun.  Hero mode ties an entire RPG into a very short amount of time.  Sure the game does take about 30 seconds to complete some missions, but others will take a while.  The time mechanics make the game seem rushed for an RPG.  This is by no means a bad thing.

The music is very iconic, it will remind you of the older RPGs.  The graphics are almost straight from the NES but there are some features the old system could never do.  The game itself is slick, it plays very nicely.  There is a variety of modes but as I said before the hero mode is the best one.

The story is pretty good with some very funny parts.  I won't spoil it but the time goddess is hilarious.  I would recommend this game to anybody that wants a fun little romp through some nostalgic things.  Ah, nostalgia.  How you cloud a good portion of my reviews with the awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment