Sunday, November 21, 2010

Super Mario 64 DS (DS)

Now, I own both the N64 and the DS version of Super Mario 64 and I have to say that I prefer the DS version of it.  Why?  because this game just lends itself to being portable.  Even though there is little added, they did manage to make it unique with the way characters are set-up.  You start as Yoshi and have to unlock the other three: Mario, Luigi, and Wario.  Each has a unique skill.

Now, let me get this off my chest.  Some of this game was far too challenging.  Tedious levels were infrequent but they were there.  I am fortunate in the fact that I found numerous workarounds to the harder levels.  Including one that lets you skip most if not all of a difficult section.

All that said, I have all the stars in this game.  It's safe to say that I enjoyed it.  In fact, it was the first DS game I ever had.  I ignored the touch controls, which proved to be very smart.  Touch controls had not been perfected yet, so it was safe to just ignore them to enjoy the game.

I did enjoy this.  Platforming at its base form.  I love making difficult jumps or finding little secret ways around difficult sections.  A good launch title for a new system that has proven to be the largest collection in my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment