Thursday, November 18, 2010

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)

This was one of, if not the first, Gameboy games I ever beat.  Something about this game stuck with me through my life.  The memorable music, the awesome items, the Wind Fish, everything.  Heck, it's been over 10 years since the last time I played this and I still remember where most of the Secret Seashells are.

I loved this game.  Every aspect of it was awesome.  From the secret side-quests, to the hidden cameos, to the incredibly funny things that happen.  I remember all the frustrating bosses, the annoying parts, and of course where the hidden item was.

Let me begin by saying, they did a great job with this game.  It is very solid, very polished, and very complete.  You start weak and grow stronger.  You are rarely ever lost on where to go and often you will purposely get lost just to find things.

I still remember the first time I made it to the last boss.  It was incredibly satisfying.  Of course, I was young and I was easily beaten but I tried many times to beat it.  I still remember the first time I beat it.  It was after numerous attempts, my lunch of Top Ramen was cold and very mushy, and my parents were very angry that I hadn't eaten lunch with them.  I just remember how much joy I got watching the ending on my TV (I beat this on the Super Gameboy) and eating those awful noodles.

One of my favorite Zelda games.

No comments:

Post a Comment