Saturday, August 10, 2013

TMNT: Arcade Game (NES)

Apparently this is the worst version of this game.  I don't know why other than the graphics.  I loved this game as a kid.  It was great and my siblings and I had all sorts of fun popping this into the NES.  It brings back childhood memories of waking up on Saturday morning, eating Cookie Crisp out of a Raphael shaped cereal bowl and watching what the turtles were up to this week.

The game is solid.  You attack, move around, and dodge at what seems like a consistent pace.  There doesn't seem to be too many things that are unfair and when you die it is because you got careless.  I don't remember ever beating this game or at least beating it alone.  But that's okay, it was an arcade game, those weren't meant to be beaten.

This just reminds me of how well my childhood was.  I look at the turtles of this generation and just feel so sorry for them.  They will never have the classic stuff I had as a kid.  It makes me feel bad that people are taking these old shows and turning them into bastardized versions of them, just for some quick cash.  I mean the turtles have never been aliens, that has never happened once.  Now, they are aliens and it just makes me feel so bad inside.  Why do people have to ruin things I loved as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment