Thursday, July 19, 2012

Soul Calibur V (PS3)

It had been a while since I had played a Soul Calibur game.  In fact, the only other game in the series I had played was Soul Calibur II on Gamecube.  My how this series has changed.

The character creator is the key draw here.  Creating my favorite characters from other games is hilarious at times and sometimes they come out really well.  In fact I have spent more time making characters and play as them than playing with the stock characters.  The story is weak but it isn't the worst fighting game story that I have seen.

This is a rare occasion of a game that I have actually played online.  Bouts are fast and incredibly great.  Sometimes you hit a terrible lag point to where the match ends but that isn't that often.  It has been a while since I have played online, so I don't know if it has gotten worse.

As for trophies, they are difficult to get.  I rarely talk about trophies but some of these are ridiculous.  I have to say that I usually dislike online trophies.  Anything that requires me to be the top of something is just not fun.  I play games to have fun and relax.  I don't want to have to learn the ins-and-outs of a fighting system just to get all the trophies.  It's a growing trend I wish would disappear.

1 comment:

  1. I'll forever be stuck at 97% of MvC3.

    Stupid win 5 ranked matches in a row trophy. e_e

    ReplyDelete