Sunday, May 24, 2015

Super Contra (PC)

To be honest, I don't really remember too much about this game.  I do remember being incredibly terrible at this game though.  That is the thing about Contra games, the player is either very good at them or very bad at them.  So far I have yet to see anybody be mediocre.  These games are unforgiving and difficult.  This of course is no surprise though because the game has its roots in arcades.

The music is the most standout part of this title.  The energy the player gets from the soundtrack carries them through each level and gets them pumped.  As they blast their way through each level, finding power ups and making difficult jumps, the music is there with a certain sense of urgency.  The story though is pretty much the same as the previous title, it is about killing everything that moves and not caring about what is actually going.  It is mindless fun.

If you are looking for a fun afternoon of punishing gameplay and rocking tunes, go ahead and pick this one up.  I don't think I ever beat this game and the Konami code was not really a help this time.  It doesn't grant the usual 30 lives and it was not near enough for me to complete the game. I still have fun with the game from time to time but it has blurred from my current memory.  Definitely a must for any retro-gamer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment