Sunday, October 26, 2014

Devil May Cry 2 HD (PS3)

I played all the Devil May Cry games in order because I had nothing better to do one month.  I am not usually one for games like this, I don't have the muscles for twitch movements and the like.  This was a very difficult series for me to get into but I made it through this game.

Devil May Cry is a series of games about a half-human/half-demon character by the name of Dante.  The story is honestly well written in all the other games but in this one, it is easily forgotten.  In fact, I don't remember much about this game at all.  I know it has all the over-the-top action that the series is known for and Dante is supposed to be a badass above all other badasses.

The gameplay of this was less than stellar, namely the difficulty.  I'm not huge on difficult games but this one compared to 1 and 3 is just a huge step backwards.  The game is really easy no matter what you do.  Now I don't see that as a terribly bad thing but many people will.  The combat works and the platforming and puzzles are bland, again this game was so forgettable I don't even remember anything about it at all.

I think to sum things up, if I can't remember much about this game.  It must not be a very good game in the first place.  My friends told me not to play this game because it tarnishes the series as a whole and I really feel it does.  I have only completed the first three games and did not want to move on in the series.  I'm sure there will be somebody that sticks up for this game but I honestly can't think of anything that redeems this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment