Thursday, June 20, 2013

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3)

As my 100th post, I thought it was appropriate to do something special.  What's more special than two games in one?  So let's get started.  I've never done a double review.

Zone of the Enders is an interesting concept.  On the one hand, it has very solid gameplay.  Every action is fluid and controlled.  It is very easy to get used to and you progressively get better as you play.  This progression moves at a natural pace, you never feel like you are being punished but you know when you are doing badly.  The key difficulty I had with this game was the fact that I got lost in what to do at one point.  It may have just been me but I had no clue what to do.

2nd Runner improves on the first game in every way.  You still get that natural but now it is ramped up.  The missions are much more varied this time and the bosses more unique.  Sometimes it can be frustrating when bosses absolutely demolish you but you always feel like trying again.

The story in both games starts out pretty normal and then gets out there.  By the end of 2nd Runner, I had no idea what was even going on or why.  It was a fun story to get through though.  The game itself does have some flaws.  It often crashed for me when I tried to actually leave the game.  It would often hard boot my PS3 until I started exiting to the XMB first and then turning it off.  Even after I started doing that though, it would graphically glitch some of the menus.  I'm sure they fixed this in the patch but it wasn't released when I played this.

No comments:

Post a Comment