Monday, February 18, 2013

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA)

So this is a ported version of what I consider the best Super Mario game of the NES days.  Everything about this game is solid.  I have 100% complete this game which means I got every whistle.  I beat every level.  I did everything.

This game should be taught in developer school's as how to properly do a difficulty curve.  This game has the best curve I've ever experienced.  You never feel like things jump up too far in challenge but you are still staying focused.  Just after a set of hard levels, they sometimes throw a short mindless level at you to keep you from getting frustrated.

This game is what platformers still should be held to in terms of standards.  It is solid, tight, and responsive.  I can't stress just how good this game feels.  When you die, you know why and you know it was your fault.  Nothing ever feels cheap or broken.  I suggest that everybody who plays games at least give this game a try in any of it's iterations.  Sure in this one you could save but even without that, this game is worth it.  A must play in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment