Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pokemon: LeafGreen (GBA)

What can I say about Pokemon that hasn't been said already?  This game was a good step into my past.  I had orginally gotten Red version for my Gameboy at the start of my gaming tenure.  It was fun but I didn't know what I was doing.  In fact, I had like three Pidgey's for a while and used my Master Ball on a Pikachu later in the game.

What makes this game better?  Everything.  The fact that after you beat it, you don't end up with just nothing to do is the best part.  Being able to pull in new pokemon from other regions was a nice touch.  Sure the story was the same as it was a long time ago, but I don't care.  I play this for the collecting.  Sure it has a good RPG background and the mechanics are solid.  You know exactly what you are tasked with and why.

That said, I feel this game was slow.  But so was the first game.  The pacing is just so slow that often I would just wander from trainer to trainer just to level the team I had been building since the start just to beat the Elite Four.  I do that in almost every pokemon game now though, so it is not new.

What would I like to see done to the series as a whole?  Probably a new type.  Something weak to dragon but strong to ice.  That way we can have a dragon-ice-new type starter set.  I'm tired of grass-fire-water.

No comments:

Post a Comment