Monday, May 28, 2012

Killzone: Liberation (PSP)

Killzone is one of those series that I thought I would be interested in.  Meaning, I like the source material and premise but I'm not the best in the world at shooters.  In fact, I tend to stay away from shooters.  I do like Top-Down shooters but there is a point when I don't.  This game is an example of that.

The enemy AI in this game is relentless.  In fact, it's downright brutal.  It's the reason why I never liked this game.  I never finished it and I never want to.  If I do, I will revisit this review.

I love the premise of this game though.  Saving the world and what not is always something that I like to do.  What I don't like to do is to have to repeatedly redo a mission because the AI is incredibly deadly or the mission parameters aren't clear.  Yes, challenging games are fun but there is a point where challenge becomes incredibly frustrating.

Will I finish this game someday?  Maybe.  But not anytime soon.

REVISIT: So I actually came back and finished this game.  I have to say, that it wasn't terrible.  The only down point I can bring up besides what I already mentioned was the boss battles and the ending.  The boss battles were just frustrating and not worth anybodies time.  The ending basically ended up being "Play the next game or buy the DLC to finish this.  Thank you."  I still don't like the amount of damage the enemies take and even the fact that some of the controls were wonky.  Don't play this one kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment