Sunday, November 20, 2022

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (Switch)

 Growing up when I did, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a very important part of my life.  I watched the show on Saturday mornings, I had the toys, and I even played lots of games.  This collection was a great way to relive specific moments of my childhood.  Some of the games haven't aged well but a lot of them are here with some I had never played before.

Each game is very well emulated, I didn't experience too much input lag as was reported when the game first came out.  They did a good job porting these and adding some new features.  Although, some things would have made the game so much better.  Not having infinite lives/continues on all the games with those systems was a little baffling.  Some games would have been more enjoyable if I could have turned that on.

Two of the games on the collection, namely the second and third Gameboy games were new to me.  The second one wasn't anything special but the third was great.  It was a hidden gem in the collection.  The fighting games haven't aged well, especially the NES and Genesis versions of it.  The inputs aren't explained well and it is very obvious the CPU was reading inputs or would just constantly block everything.

All in all, this was a great collection.  If you grew up with TMNT or just got into the turtles.  This is a good purchase.  Even for the multiple versions of Turtles in Time is this worth it.  Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment