Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Far Cry 3 (PS3)

The last review of 2013 and I have to say.  It goes to a great game.  I did quite a bit of this game and ended up only missing a little bit of things out of it.  So let's get started.

To start, I don't typically like shooters.  In fact, this was the first one I played in a long time.  I got this game as a gift and didn't know what to think.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The game is solid with good controls and the combat is fluid.  Of course, it starts rough because well the character you are playing as starts rough.  You aren't supposed to be a killing machine out of the gate and this game makes you feel like that.

As you go through the game though, you quickly lose your "innocence" and gain access to various skills that are just deadly as can be.  The story is great and keeps you interested.  The island is so alive that I often felt like just wandering around for hours.  It was very rare that I wasn't trying something or attempting some weird challenge that I had come across.

This game does have some bad things though. There is one boss battle that makes no sense with the game and absolutely took me out of the experience.  Some of the skills don't work all that great and often times I would end up doing something the complete opposite of what I wanted.  Also, the Heavy Gunners were annoying to the point that I needed the skill that kills instantly just to progress at one point.  Of course, I couldn't get it because I couldn't expand my tattoo cause I wasn't doing much story missions.

This was a great game and if you have a chance to play it, get it.  It has a few flat points but it definitely is much better than I can describe.  A great game to finish off this great year.  Of course, I beat this a long time ago...so that doesn't matter much.

No comments:

Post a Comment